Saturday, December 14, 2013

Could be worse.

[Up, Down]

Eyjafjallajokul, Iceland, 2010:
Eyjafjallajokul 2010.Eyjafjallajokul 2010.Iceland Map.

Two of my father's jokes:
I had no shoes and I complained until I met someone who had no feet.

I was down and out when a little bird sang into my ear, "Cheer up. Things could be worse." So I cheered up, and sure enough - things got worse.
A-and Musak® this time too:
 
Feliz esta alma que vive comigo, que vai onde eu sigo o meu coração.

A happy soul that lives with me, and goes where I follow my heart.

Virginia Rodrigues, 'Alma'.

Down here next to me in this lonely crowd is a man who swears he's not to blame. All day long I hear him cry so loud, callin' out that he's been framed.

Bob Dylan, 'I shall be released'.

I said to Hank Williams: how lonely does it get? Hank Williams hasn’t answered yet but I hear him coughing all night long.

Leonard Cohen, 'Tower of Song'.

And you know something's happening but you don't know what it is.

Bob Dylan, 'Ballad Of A Thin Man'.
 
Doonesbury.
Doonesbury.
Doonesbury.

Malvados.
Malvados on depression:
Love is the basis of any relationship.
It's a sacred temple ...
... made of sand.
 
Malvados.
Sunday night dreams:
I am stuck in a hole.
My shrink appears with a rope ...
... and hangs himself.
 
Malvados.
Poetry is food for the soul.
Sex is too.
But you don't have to lie to be nourished by poetry.
 
tOad.

Ballard Street.What did I say about her before?

Resourceful & self-possessed was it?

She seems to have given up gloves, a-and her blog - and has gone acting in a sitcom, 'The Couple' (you can find clips & blurbs on YouTube).

Of course it's just an Internet fantasy, a temperament imagined & projected (and in New York yet!), an imaginary friend. I guess it's human nature to try and make things whole, even fantasies.

So ... to resourceful & self-possessed add: strong, substantial, admirable ... gorgeous (glorious?) ... alive, young ...

... did I say young already?
Anyway, here she is again - Miss Numa Perrier:
Miss Numa Perrier.Miss Numa Perrier.Miss Numa Perrier.
Miss Numa Perrier.Miss Numa Perrier.

Bonus extra - too strange to pass up:
Lula, José Dirceu & Dilma Rousseff.
Doesn't look Photoshopped ... could be ... even so.
 
Malvados.
... He must be good in bed.
 
[Up, Down]

No comments:

Post a Comment